3rd Annual Diversity & Inclusion Conference
- Registration Closed
Registrants for this event will be joining the program virtually.
Speakers & Topics
8:55 a.m. | Welcoming Remarks by Program Chairs
- Stewart Poisson, Poisson Poisson & Bowers PLLC, Wilmington
- Anna Pishko Kalarites, Law Office of David Pishko, PA, Raleigh
9 a.m. | Supporting and Understanding LGBTQ Clients, Identity and Policy
- Rebby Kern (they/them), Director of Education Policy, Equality NC, Raleigh
- In this session, join Equality NC in a candid conversation about gender identity, expression and needs of the LGBTQ community. Understand the unique barriers in systems and policy faced by LGBTQ people and how to show up best for your clients holding multiple identities. Come ready to gain helpful tools to support LGBTQ clients and the community at-large.
10 a.m. | Break
10:15 a.m. | The Jury Sunshine Project
- Kami Chavis, Vice Provost, Professor Of Law, Director Of Criminal Justice Program, Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem
- This session will discuss observations about the makeup of juries based on statistics from more than 1300 felony trial juries across the state.
11:15 a.m. | Women in Law
- Jessica Lennon Whitney, PhD, Lennon Whitney, LLC, Wilmington
- This session will identify some of the unique challenges that women face in the practice of law and offer suggestions for firms and women lawyers to attempt to mitigate some of these challenges.
12:15 p.m. | Closing Remarks
12:20 p.m. | Adjourn
With 27 years of litigation and settlement planning experience, Tacker LeCarpentier started SPS in order to provide comprehensive settlement planning services to injury victims, their families and attorneys. At no charge to your clients, we offer life care planning cost analysis, governmental benefits assessments, mediation attendance, as well as appearances at all settlement hearings. Settlement planning solutions include structured settlements, Special Needs Trusts, Medicare Set-Aside Accounts, Family Security and Settlement Preservation Trusts, and assistance with lien resolution. Contact Tacker at 919-247-9070 or [email protected].
Our Number 1 Goal: To Secure Your Clients’ Future Financial Needs.