4th Annual Women’s Caucus Retreat (Virtual)
- Registration Closed
4th Annual Women’s Caucus Retreat
March 11, 2022
5.5 CLE Hours (inc. 2.0 substance abuse/mental health)
Topics and Speakers
8:55 a.m. | Welcome Remarks by Program Chairs
- Kristen Dewar, Minick Law, P.C., Concord
- Katherine A. King, Everett Gaskins Hancock LLP, Raleigh
- Rachel Matesic, The Sasser Law Firm, P.A. Charlotte
9:00 a.m. | Finding your Home – How to Create and Grow Your Business
- Moderators: Kristen Dewar and Katie King
- Valerie Johnson, Johnson & Groninger, PLLC, Durham
- Michelle Gessner, GessnerLaw, PLLC , Charlotte
- Kristen Beightol, Edwards Beightol, LLC, Raleigh
10:00 a.m. | Finding Your Niche
- Moderator: Rachel Matesic and Helen Baddour
- Ann Groninger, Johnson & Groninger, PLLC, Charlotte
- Meghann Burke, Brazil & Burke, P.A, Asheville
11:00 a.m. | Break
11:15 a.m. | Finding your Seat at the Table
- Moderator: Judge Linda McGee, N.C. Court of Appeals, Raleigh
- Janet Ward Black , Ward Black Law, Greensboro
- Rebecca Britton , Britton Law, P.A., Fayetteville
- Peggy Abrams, Abrams & Abrams, P.A., Raleigh
- Mary Pollard, North Carolina Office of Indigent Defense Services, Durham
12:45 a.m. | Lunch
1:45 a.m. | Finding your Balance- The Price We Pay as Professional Problem Solvers
- Candace Hoffman, NCLAP Field Coordinator, Raleigh
3:45 p.m. | Break
4:00 p.m. | Wine Tasting Social
5:00 p.m. | Adjourn
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Byrd Settlements is your resource and partner for Structured Settlements and Trust Advisory services. We work with you and your clients to determine what is in their best financial interest and will have the best possible outcome. Whether it is a special needs trust to protect government healthcare benefits, a general trust, a tax free and guaranteed structured settlement or a combination, you can rely on us to offer what makes most sense for your client, not what meets arbitrary corporate minimums. In addition to our role as comprehensive settlement consultant, we can also serve as an unbiased third party Trust Protector. We provide clients with the most advantageous trust resources possible and have created an infrastructure to ensure consistent optimal performance through semi-annual review. Our team works to provide attorneys and their clients with all of the options that will enable them to use their recovery to become and remain financially secure. Please let us know if we can help!
Physician Life Care Planning
Physician Life Care Planning is a full service, nationwide provider of damages valuation services that specializes in the formulation of Compensatory Economic Damages for attorneys, including future medical requirements, loss of earnings, and loss of household services for chronically and catastrophically ill/injured individuals.
Our Life Care Planners are Board Certified Physicians who specialize in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and possess the requisite capacity to independently and thoroughly formulate and defend a strong medical foundation for damages valuation.
With 27 years of litigation and settlement planning experience, Tacker LeCarpentier started SPS in order to provide comprehensive settlement planning services to injury victims, their families and attorneys. At no charge to your clients, we offer life care planning cost analysis, governmental benefits assessments, mediation attendance, as well as appearances at all settlement hearings. Settlement planning solutions include structured settlements, Special Needs Trusts, Medicare Set-Aside Accounts, Family Security and Settlement Preservation Trusts, and assistance with lien resolution. Contact Tacker at 919-247-9070 or [email protected].
Our Number 1 Goal: To Secure Your Clients’ Future Financial Needs.